Posts tagged abortion
I have a question to ask all feminists and pro-choicers: Has Apple responded to petitions in having Siri locate abortion clinics and provide accurate information when it comes to birth control and other resources?
IS SHE FUCKING SERIOUS?
NOW SHE’S VICTIM BLAMING.
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.
Hey, “pro-lifers” who honestly think they’re in this for teh babbys and resent that we pro-choicers think your movement is sexist? IT’S TIME TO COLLECT YOUR PEOPLE.
First and foremost, rape shouldn’t have to be something in which you think you can prevent. You can’t prevent rape from happening. It’s going to happen to you whether you’re young or old, a man* or a woman*, whether you walk down a creepy ally or on a normal sidewalk, etcetera. That keeps this conversation gender neutral because women* aren’t the only ones that get raped.
Second, yes, the child should not be punished and neither should the one who was raped. Victim blaming breeds more problems than it solves in which has a greater impact on those in the future (i.e. the children of rape victims).
I know abortion is a touchy subject, but it should not be ignored as a third option because it is a third option besides adoption or choosing to take care of the child to which one shouldn’t be shamed for it, either.
Then there’s the flawed argument that what one wears causes the rape. This has been said countless times before and it’ll be said again until you fuckers get it: one’s attire has nothing whatsoever to do with one’s rape.
What would a man* have to wear in order for his rape to be blamed on his attire? Think about it. I ask that because, again, women* aren’t the only ones that get raped!
By the way, are you seriously suggesting that women* need to have their hands held all the time? Seriously? We need a chaperone when we wanna go anywhere? Fuck you. No one needs to live in constant fear of anything happening to them because, like I said before, it can happen to anyone.
I think I’ve finally found a way to solve your biggest fears within our society. You know the ones I mean; atheism/agnosticism/paganism/etc, homosexuality, gay marriage, women’s reproductive rights (ex: access to birth control), and abortion. No really, I promise, this will solve your problems once and for all.
Really, it’s simple and I’m amazed that you didn’t see it before now. That’s okay though. Being the nice person that I am, I’ll let you in on the magical answer.
- Stay the fuck out of my religion. I’m not hurting you by not believing in Christ and your God. I’m still a good fucking person so back the fuck off.
- Stay the fuck out of my bedroom and you don’t have to worry about who I’m fucking. And don’t say I’m fucking up the youth of America, I am the youth of America. Don’t say I’m hurting children because I guarantee that any partner of mine and I would be much more nurturing to a child than the trash down the street who beat their children daily for the smallest infraction.
- Equal rights for everyone. I know it’s a crazy idea to you middle-aged, white, upper-middle to upper class men but it can be a thing. It works. How about you just give everyone the right to marry whomever they so choose based solely on the fact that they love one another. Besides, what business is it of yours what I have or don’t have between my legs. I’m flattered that you’re so interested but no, get out.
- Stay out of it. Your lobbyists are pharmaceutical companies right? They give you all their money so that you can help them make more money by blocking bills that call for free competition and lowering of prices, right? Well then you’re really taking money away from them as well as dictating to me as a woman what I can and cannot do with my body. What is that shit? I want to have a career and an established life before I bring a child into this world. It’s only fair to the child to have a parent who can support him or her. And if I want to fuck before I’m married, I can do that too without the risk of ruining my future. See you don’t get, being a man, that a child can ruin your life when unplanned. You get the luxury of walking away from a child you don’t want without getting attached. I don’t. So how about you just let me have my fucking birth control.
- While we’re on the topic of unwanted pregnancy, here’s the solution to the abortion issue; stay the fuck out of my body. Like really I don’t get what the fascination is. I mean I’m flattered, I guess that you care about so many aspects of my life but you’re getting a bit controlling there, don’t you think? No really, that fetus doesn’t have thoughts or feelings. It doesn’t know what’s happening. It doesn’t do anything because it is, at the stages in which it is legal to get an abortion in most places, a parasite that is feeding on my body in order to survive. So if I cannot care for a child or maybe I just don’t want to, who are you to tell me not to rid myself of a parasite. I’m not being callous, I just need you to understand what’s really happening here, seeing as you don’t have a uterus and you will never have to make a decision like this. My body is mine. Not yours. So stay the hell out of it.
Now don’t those seem like reasonable answers to your problems? I thought they did. But I’m sure you’re about to quote the Word to me and I’ll stop you right now because I don’t really care what you have to say. I don’t care what verse of the Bible you’re going to throw at me from Leviticus about how man shall not lie with man as he does with a woman. In that same passage it talks about not mixing types of fabric and not eating seafood and so many other things. You’re misquoting and I’ll take you on it any day. Selective scripture quoting does not a good Christian make. So stop.
Just stop telling me what I can and cannot do with my life and I think all of your problems will be solved. I really do. Then you might be able to do some good at your job by, I don’t know, helping to find green energy sources rather than taking the money from oil companies that pay for your campaigns. Or maybe you could help our president, whomever that may be, to make this country a better place.
You talk about the “liberal agenda” and the “homosexual agenda” and the “feminist agenda” but really you’re the one with the agenda. You are the oppressors. So do us and yourselves a favor and just get back to being politicians, not moral police. Okay? Okay.
Awesome post is awesome.
The Obama campaign has released a video on how horrible Romney would be for American women. I certainly don’t need convincing - but if I did, this would likely do it.
While I think Obama could have much better policies surrounding birth control (especially EC), I like him a whole hell of a lot better than Romney. Can I just say, Obama’s team is brilliant for putting this together? I like that they realize women DO care about these issues and we will vote for politicians who believe in access to abortion and birth control, and equal pay for women.